Monday, November 20, 2006

Feast or Famine

A veces nada el pato, y a veces ni agua toma

Babel Fish translation:
Something's wrong with Babel Fish. So no silly translation, sorry!

This happens to be a week of feast and famine for me.
You might be thinking "now how is that possible???" Allow me to explain.

It's famine because I only have only one assignment for this entire week. On average I have about 7, and right now I'm down to one. This seems to happen every year around the holidays: doctors and lawyers take time off and we're left with little or no work. One of the downsides of freelancing. So I guess this officially kicks off the holiday season for me. No work... no money... hooray!
I know I should be used to it by now and "save for a rainy day", but I guess my creative-right-dominant brain gets in the way. At least that's the excuse I like to use.

But hey, I shouldn't complain, I could really could use the time off. Actually, I haven't been feeling well lately, and I'm still kinda' out of it. For example this morning while preparing to go to my one and only job, I used air freshener instead of hairspray. So I spent the morning with a "piney-fresh" scent in my hair. Nice! I guess I've been hitting the meds a little too much!

Plus, I have a lot of catching up to do in my office. So many people to bill, so little time.

And then it's feast because this Thursday is Thanksgiving, of course! I'm actually looking forward to all the cooking and preparation for a change. I know it's crazy but I do enjoy it. A whole day of work for a meal that lasts roughly 20 minutes. What's not to love?

All kidding aside, it is my favorite holiday. I think it's great to have a day set aside specifically to thank God for our blessings and spend time with our families. Afterall, what could be more important than that?

Spanglish Word of the Week

Turqui. Those of you who have been taking my Spanglish course, should easily come up with this one!

As in the phrase "vamos a hacer un turqui y unos tamales."

Here's a hint:


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was invited to a "Turqui" dinner shortly after I arrived to Reno, after many years of living in Mexico, I was really looking forward to it, you Know the stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, etc. But guess what? they prepared the turkey in "Birria"(marinated in chili and baked, It was not that good at all.I should have known.

23/12/06 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home