Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Una imagen vale mil palabras

Babel Fish translation:
Error decoding translated text
(Sorry, Babel Fish couldn't seem to handle this.)


This week I carried my camera with me to capture some of the nonsense I see written around town.

I had a good laugh with this one.


I've been to this law firm a few times and have worked with these attorneys. I have to tell you... this sign is actually quite appropriate!


Sounds like the title of one of those low budget mexican movies...

"ABOGADOS CRIMINALES DEL NORTE"

Here's another winner:

No comment.

Spanglish Word of the Week

Parquear. An all time favorite of course. Also parqueo, parqueadero.

"Parquié mi carro en el parqueadero de atrás."

Notice how the Spanish translation on this sign is only 3 lines long while the English version is 9. My guess is that these people didn't have a clue on how to translate this text. Why didn't they just write... "Trust us. You don't want to park here!!"

I like how they spelled it with a "k". Definitely much classier than my version! ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Delightful, simply delightful... The "abogados criminales", of course... Maybe it was a Freudian slip, don't you think? (I have not forgotten about the photos, my PC was acting up this past weekend.)

13/11/06 3:03 AM  
Blogger Doña Marina said...

Pilar,

Yes! Freudian slip indeed! If you knew these people you'd have no doubts...

Can't wait to see those pics! Although you already painted an excellent one with words alone. :)

13/11/06 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home